1. Surround yourself with like-minded people who will cheer you on.
2. Set reminders on your phone. Schedule your workouts like appointments that you can’t miss.
3. Set an alarm for prepping healthy meals.
4.Tell a coach or friend when you are planning on coming to class.
5. Print off a calendar, hang it in a visible spot, and cross off the days you hit the gym or stayed true to your nutrition plan, so that you can visually see all the marks of your success.
6. Share your story on social media. Making a claim publicly will make you more likely to keep your word.
7. Take progress pics. We get used to how we currently look because change is gradual. Regular progress pictures can be inspiring!
8. Remind yourself of your “why.” A goal is great, but if we don’t know why we want to reach it, it doesn’t mean much. Mentally imagine yourself as the person you see yourself as if your goals are met.
9. Don’t make it all or nothing. There will be ups and downs and plateaus. Acknowledge them as part of the process and keep at it!
10. Reward yourself for reaching micro-goals. Example: if your goal is to lose 20lbs, reward yourself with a little gift for every 5 lbs loss! Or reward yourself simply for staying on track with nutrition!
Please, give some or all of these a try! You’ll be happy with your progress!!!